Tuesday, June 3, 2008

missing Melbourne.

I miss Melbourne.
I miss the trams and the libraries.
I miss the parks, playgrounds and Sunday markets,
Even though we’re most likely to get caught shopping there (or anywhere..).
I miss the cold winds and the sudden rains.
I miss the long hot shower bath in the winter.
I miss Bobby Flynn on Australian Idol and waiting for Big Brother’s up late news in the middle of the night.

I miss walking down the streets to my favorite butcher.
Strolling kaka with one hand, plastic bags on the other, and a huge tummy with dhyas still inside.
I miss passing by the park with the wooden playground.
And having kaka whining, asking for a go down the slides.
Then wait for him to stop while having a swing myself.

I miss the cold mornings when I wake up feeling so alone and miss home so much.
Then walking to the kitchen and turn on the CD with ten2five playing ‘good morning Indonesia’.
Making breakfast for everybody else except myself.

I miss the hectic, busy and stressful daytimes.
When I used to sing songs and rhymes all day long,
Jumping around and being silly.
Only wanting to see kaka’s smile.
Laughing all the time while holding back tears.
Pushing myself to go outside so kaka won’t be bored.
Then rush back home remembering that I haven’t wash any of his bottles.

I miss the quiet and lonely afternoons
When I only have kaka to share it with before dhyas came along.
And kept anxiously looking at the clock
Wishing that my husband will knock on the door any minute now
And then I won’t be so alone anymore.

I miss the windy nights
When I watched all my loved ones asleep in front of the tv
And still couldn’t go to bed before finishing the dishes.
While listening to Slank’s ‘ku tak bisa’
and wishing I could hear Adzan from a mosque near by.

Then I usually felt so cold, so alone, so quiet, so empty.
Wishing that I was back home.
Where it is always warm.
Not because of the weather, but simply because it’s just.. home.

Hmm..
I don’t miss Melbourne so much now…
For I am home at last.

020308.
Thinking about life in Melbourne in the middle of the night.

No comments: